CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICYThis policy sets out your rights to cancel your Order and return the Goods.
1. In accord with Consumer Contracts Regulations you may cancel your Order at any time after you place your Order until the end of fourteen days beginning with the day after the date on which you receive the Goods.
a) if you wish to cancel your order after despatch, but before Goods have been delivered then you will receive a refund for goods only, and not shipping costs already incurred. You will receive an email alerting you once Goods have been despatched.
2. In circumstances where Goods are intended for purposes related to your trade, business or profession and you are not acting as a consumer, clause 1 shall not apply. You may only cancel your Order in accordance with clause 4.
3. If you cancel your Order and wish to return the Goods under this clause, the following provisions will apply:
a) to cancel your order you should contact Dandy’s Topsoil in writing, by email or post, using the details available at https://www.Dandys.com;
b) in order to improve our customer service we will ask why you wish to return the Goods;
c) Goods must be returned complete, packaged and palleted as delivered, in an unused and undamaged condition;
d) Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your Order, we will repay any sums paid by you for the Goods (excluding shipping), as soon as possible, and in any event within fourteen days of receiving your notice of cancellation provided that the Goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the Goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of return delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be repaid to you.
Please note that the right to cancel your order under Clause 1 does not apply to perishable products Turf or “Lawn in a Bag” Topsoil blend.
4. If you wish to return the Goods because they do not comply with these Conditions, any of your statutory rights, are faulty or damaged, or where Dandy’s Topsoil has not supplied the correct Goods, you should contact Dandy’s Topsoil using the details set out in clause 3(a) within a reasonable period of discovering the fault or error, but in any case, within seven days. If you agree to return the Goods at Dandy’s Topsoil’s expense, you may ask Dandy’s Topsoil to send you replacement Goods, or to repay any sums paid by you for the Goods within fourteen days.
a) in order to improve quality control, customer service and to verify any faults or damages, we will ask you to send us clear photographs of the product(s) and any faults, damages or issues of quality.
5. Your rights under clause 4 do not arise where packaging has been damaged in transit but the Goods themselves are undamaged.
6. Turf is highly perishable and, if not laid promptly in accordance with the instructions given to you by Dandy’s Topsoil may deteriorate rapidly. Where the Turf is not rolled out immediately in Spring/Summer and within 24 hours in autumn/winter (or such other timescale as is advised by Dandy’s Topsoil at time of placing order), Dandy’s Topsoil will not accept responsibility for such deterioration, and will not accept a return of the Turf due to such deterioration. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that you are able to lay the Turf before agreeing a delivery date.
7. You should also be aware that the ongoing condition of Turf, Topsoil and Compost will be dependent on factors beyond Dandy’s Topsoil’s control including (without limitation) weather conditions or unintended blown or animal/bird carried seeding, and will also depend on your care of the Turf, Topsoil or Compost after delivery. While Dandy’s Topsoil shall be liable for any failure of the Turf, Topsoil or Compost to comply with these Conditions or your statutory rights, you will not be able to return the Turf, Topsoil or Compost because of any defects arising after delivery, whether due to your failure to care for the Turf, Topsoil or Compost in the manner advised by Dandy’s Topsoil or due to external factors.
8. Gravels, turf, topsoil, compost, sand, aggregates, slates, stones, rock salt, logs, coal, barks and mulches are all naturally sourced products, as such there may be variations in size, colour, texture and shape from order to order and therefore you will not be able to return these products for any reasonable variations in appearance or otherwise.